How to Zee World DOOL Y&R

B&B | GH | Star Life | Viral | Music | Teasers | Spoilers

Parents Warning About Popcorn Goes Viral After Their Son Was Admitted Into Surgery



Americans cannot imagine a family movie night without popcorn, but this turned out to be a nightmare for one Colorado family.

As the Goddard family was gathered in their home for movie night, the two-year-old Nash began to choke. He started making some gagging noises, but then it breathing normally again, and his parents assumed he has swallowed it, as they didn’t see any popcorn come out.

In the next few hours, the toddler started coughing, but his mother Nicole thought it was due to a recent virus that had infiltrated the family. Yet, the next day, the boy’s fever spiked to 104F, so he was taken to the emergency room.

When he was admitted, doctors conducted testings which revealed that he had six pieces of popcorn stuck in the lungs, and they caused so much inflammation that led to aspiration pneumonia.

It can be caused by small food particles, stomach contents, and fluids, and it becomes dangerous until the aspirated matter cannot be cleared by the body. The initial symptoms are a choking incident followed by the development of a cough.

Its primary treatment is antibiotics, but in some severe cases, it requires more invasive treatments, which can include surgery.

Nash was directly sent to surgery to clear foreign debris from his lungs. The medical staff decided to fly him to Denver immediately for a bronchoscopy, a procedure that examines the inside of the airways.

Nicole explained that at 6 pm, they put Nash under and performed the procedure was crying the whole time Nash was in surgery, and her husband Jake, arrived later, in time to go to recovery and see Nash.

Thanks to his mom’s attention and the doctors’ quick intervention, young Nash will hopefully be back to good health soon, and afterward, his mother shared their story on Facebook, to warn other parents, and adds something even more important: to trust your instincts.

She admitted questioning whether she was even going to take him in, but there had been something that kept telling her he needs to be seen.

The post Parents Warning About Popcorn Goes Viral After Their Son Was Admitted Into Surgery appeared first on Lansing Daily.



Source: NetflixShows.Net

0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post